Records Management Section (RMS) is responsible for creating, managing and archiving all ACT Education Directorate (EDU) files. Section contact details can be found on the ACT Government Directory or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: there are underscores between the words records, management and unit.
RMS must ensure that EDU meets all its legislative requirements for record keeping in accordance with the Territory Records Act 2002 .
New Thesaurus and Records Disposal Schedules
The Territory Records Office (TRO) have recently completed a review of 16 common Functions in the Whole of Government Thesaurus and associated Records Disposal Schedules, and have combined them into just 8 new Functions. The new Thesaurus and Disposal Schedules are available on the Requesting and Working with Files page, along with the handy Common File Titles documents and spreadsheets. Mapping documents to help you navigate the new functions are available on the TRO Intranet .
|Existing Functions||New Functions|
|Community Relations||Information Management||Finance& Treasury Management|
|Compensation||Legal Services||Government & Stakeholder Relations|
|Equipment & Stores||Occupational Health & Safety||Human Resources|
|Establishment||Personnel||Information & Communications Technology|
|Financial Management||Property Management||Property Equipment & Fleet|
|Fleet Management||Publication||Records & Information Management|
|Government Relations||Strategic Management||Solicitor & Legal Services|
|Industrial Relations||Technology & Telecommunications||Strategy & Governance|
Storage and Handling of Different Types of Information:
- Storage and Handling of ‘Sensitive’, ‘Sensitive: Personal’ and ‘Sensitive: Legal’ information (57 kb)
- Storage and Handling of ‘Sensitive: Cabinet’ Information (58 kb)
- Storage and Handling of ‘For Official Use Only’ Information (57 kb)
- Storage and Handling of ‘UNCLASSIFIED’ Information (57 kb)
- Storage and handling of ‘Unofficial’ Information (58 kb)
Important Information - Don’t Forget!
Lock your screen or log off before leaving your work station.
Lock hard copy sensitive information away safely and securely before you leave your desk as potential leaks of information can be unintentionally released to the public!
- File Action Request Form (69 kb)
- Request to Cancel a File Form (60 kb)
- Student Record Retrieval Form (84 kb)
Sensitive Information Handling
Electronic Document Management
Please refer to the 2014 Records Management Policy on the Records Management Policy and Procedures page, also available are supporting procedures.
- Education Directorate (EDU) Functional Thesaurus
- Education Directorate (EDU) Online Disposition Schedule
- Freedom of Information Act 1989
- Information Privacy Act 2014
- Order Archive Boxes
- Privacy Act 1988
- Records Management Policy and Procedures
- Records Management Program
- Requesting and Working with Files
- Territory Records Act 2002
- Territory Records Office Advices
- Territory Records Office Guidelines
- Territory Records Office Standards
- Whole of Government Records Disposal Schedules
Hedley Beare Centre for Teaching and Learning, 51 Fremantle Drive, Stirling, ACT 2611